Rules & Regulations
1. Registration is open to the first 10 individuals or teams that complete registration form.
2. Paper forms can be picked up and turned in at Bink’s. Completed forms must be
submitted by Sept. 25th at midnight or until all spots are filled.
3. Teams can range in size from 1 to 5 people. Anyone over the age of 21 is eligible to
enter. All team member names must be included on the registration form. Only
individuals listed on the registration form can perform.
4. Individuals can only compete in one act.
5. Teams may use props; these props must be included on the registration form to be
approved by the Lip-sync Committee. Props not included on registration form cannot be
used in the performance. Fog machines, bubble machines, fire, water, and glitter are
prohibited. Microphones will be provided.
6. Music must be submitted with registration form by September 25th at midnight. Be sure
to choose music that is easily accessible on Spotify. Failure to submit music may result in
the team’s registration being cancelled.
7. The Lip-sync Committee reserves the right to cancel registration if the committee feels
the act is inappropriate or offensive to others. This is highly unlikely.
8. The competition will be judged in these categories:
a. LIP SYNC ABILITY: Do the performer/s lip-sync the words well?
b. APPEARANCE: Do the costume design, hairstyle and accessories match the look
or actions of a real artist or musical group from the period?
c. PERFORMANCE: Do the performer/s project the original artist’s personality by
using facial expressions, gestures and choreography which simulates the likeness
of the original artist?
d. ENERGY: Are the performer/s energetic and enthusiastic
e. AUDIENCE RESPONSE: Did the performer/s captivate the audience?
9. Each category will be worth 25 points each. In case of a tie, the act with the highest lip
sync score will win. The judges’ decisions are final. Cash Prizes will be awarded.
10. There will be a $5 cover charge the night of the event. Each cover paid come with (1)
one ticket for patron to vote for their favorite team. Multiple tickets can be purchased
at the door for $5 each. The team with the most tickets get an extra 25 points added to
their final tally.